Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I Am Surely Going to Hell

A little late on this, but Pat Robertson, founder and chairman of The Christian Broadcasting Channel, issued this warning on "The 700 Club" last Thursday: "I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city."

Later the same day, he issued this statement clarifying what he'd said:

God is tolerant and loving, but we can't keep sticking our finger in his eye forever. ... If they have future problems in Dover, I recommend they call on Charles Darwin. Maybe he can help them."

I appreciate it when people take it upon themselves to inform others the punishments God has in store for them. It proves that they have a true and direct connection to God.

On a completely unrelated note, I flipped the TV on Sunday evening and "Charmed" was on the air. It was an old episode because Shannen Doherty was still on the show. Following "Charmed" was "What I Like About You" (which I've never watched, I swear!), co-starring Jennie Garth. Who would have thought that a decade after "Beverly Hills, 90210," the two actresses would appear back-to-back on The WB?

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home