Friday, April 06, 2007

It Happened Last Night

I submitted this listing to Craigslist's Missed Connections:
Downtown D Train around 7:45 p.m., Thurs., 4/6 THANKS
Reply to: pers-306975493@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-04-06, 1:13AM EDT

Tonight, I found out the hard way that projectile vomit isn't just a special effect from "The Exorcist." I thought I'd be able to make it off the D train at Broadway-Lafayette but trying to hold it in just made it worse. After I threw up (explosively) on the train, a few passengers scurried away in disgust.

But some of you came through for me. I would like to thank the woman who gave me a plastic bag so I could clean up, the men who handed me wads of napkins, the train conductor who came out of his compartment to ask if I was OK, and above all, the red-haired guy who actually helped me clean up my mess. Your kindness was unexpected, and I can't thank you enough.

And for those who were wondering but chose to mind their own business, I apologize for having overdone it. I'd given blood for the first time only half an hour earlier. I thought I was good to go but apparently losing one pint of blood does take a toll on one's body, and I should have rested more before returning to my feet. (Not to discourage anyone from donating blood--just remember to give your body time to recover!)

*Location: D Train

No, it was not a fun experience. Yes, I'm feeling better.

Filed in:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you eat anything different that day?

For the longest time, I thought that giving blood made me sick as well. Then, I figured out that "good breakfast" that I made sure to eat on the days that I was giving blood contained a lot of food that I didn't normally eat, and one ingredient in particular, was one that I was allergic to (food sensitivity) which made me feel as if I had the flu afterwards.

3:42 PM  
Blogger mlliu said...

As far as I remember, I didn't eat anything unusual that day. I'm pretty sure I just overdid it. My bag was pretty heavy that day, and I remember having that weight on my shoulder made me feel worse right after I left the donation center.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home