Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Stock People and the Fastest Way from A to B


Noticed this picture in an online ad for a dating service. Too bad for those interested because I could have sworn I saw "Heather" shilling for GoDaddy on the company's Web site a few months ago.

[Later in the day] Another Reason Why I Hate the MTA
I've always loved the Travel Information Center, which will give you the fastest route or the route with the least number of connections when using public transportation in the Chicago area. The center's database includes information not only for the CTA but for Metra and Pace, which are operated separately.

However, there is no such online system for public transportation in New York City. If I want to get from point A to point B, I have to refer to the paper subway map and a separate paper bus map. The online maps are useless, at least at home, because the PDF files are so large and noticeably slow down my computer. And then I have no way of knowing which route would be fastest. A route might look fast, but if I've never been to a section of the city, I won't know what the traffic situation is like there.

Filed in:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lisa,

philly is along the same lines. i don't travel by rail often, but when i have, the online 'guides' weren't very helpful for me.. and it can be tough to navigate the rail/bus system in large metropoli like ny, chicago and philly, no?

tomo

ps did you enjoy the taiko?

8:43 PM  
Blogger mlliu said...

I liked the taiko, in particular the drums that sounded like snare drums -- the drummers even lined up like they were in a drumline. Don't know if Jojo told you that was her least favorite because the sound hurt her ears!

10:13 PM  
Blogger mlliu said...

It was on the same line, but after I got Tomo's comment, I looked at my post again and realized it should be on a separate line. Good observation!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home