Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Odds and Ends Pt. 5

As it seems to happen to most people sooner or later, I've become slightly addicted to YouTube. Two recent favorites: MADtv's Gangsta Shop Quartet, which is exactly what it sounds like, and Dave Chappelle in Grand Theft Auto. I haven't seen much of Grand Theft Auto, but the clip is surreal, and hilarious.

Also, crazy story from my friend's blog about her boyfriend, who was sent to a convention last weekend. When he checked into his hotel, they gave him the key to a room that was already occupied. He saw a sleeping figure, panicked, and didn't even close the door all the way in his rush to get back to the elevators.

He told my friend, "How are they gonna send me, a black man, into someone else's room? I could've gotten killed!" Which, as my friend observed, is sad but true.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What made it worse is that the convention was in the deep south.

...Yikes!

-Dee bee

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home