Monday, September 18, 2006

Pixelated Pirate


Guybrush: The Early Years. Image from The Legend of Monkey Island.


Guybrush in 3D. Image from The Legend of Monkey Island.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think the "younger" Guybrush Threepwood looks cuter. Sometimes I get nostalgic for old computer games, with their heavy pixelation and rudimentary graphics. I especially loved the adventure games, like Sierra's King's Quest or LucasArts' Monkey Island, in which the background would have to refresh everytime you moved your character to the edge of the screen.

On the subject of pirates (Guybrush being one), Tuesday the 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. YAAAAR! Check out the official site for pirate vocabulary and information on how to speak like a pirate in German, Spanish, or Chinese.

I started a dance class today. For an idea of how I felt, watch this clip from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, of when Aunt Vivian goes to a dance audition, and look at the expression on her face. My instructor would demonstrate a step, and it seemed like everyone else was able to pick it up and do it right away. Although the class was billed as an absolute beginners' workshop, I think it would be hard for someone with two left feet or no sense of rhythm to keep up. I still had a blast, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home