Thursday, May 17, 2007

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

To answer Slayve's question, it'd be best to watch this instructional video:

Brian, in a banana suit, holding maracas (from Family Guy).

According to a Wikipedia entry,

"Peanut Butter Jelly Time" is a Flash animation that emerged in the early 2000s and became an Internet phenomenon. Based on a song of the same name recorded by the Buckwheat Boyz, the best known version of the animation (usually distributed as a Flash clip) shows a pixelated dancing banana moving back and forth to the song's repetitive chorus.

The dance that the male Tauren from World of Warcraft does is basically the peanut butter jelly time dance. But without the maracas.

Filed in:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit! Ever since I watched that video last week that song has haunted me. Thanks a lot, Lisa!
What I want to know is, what does a baseball bat have to do with pbj?

2:08 PM  
Blogger mlliu said...

Hey, that's what I'm here for--to get my readers caught up on current popular trends. I thought that line had something to do with the juxtaposition of sweet (pb&j) and forboding (baseball bat). But that's just my interpretation.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A WoW friend sent me this link today: http://www.videosift.com/video/World-of-Warcraft-Dances-with-Source-Dances
It's a compilation of all of the WoW dances juxtaposed with their inspirations. It's really well done.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home