Monday, February 14, 2005

Unusual Arrangements

Noticed some articles on unusual people in Sunday's New York Times:
  • One article profiled a man who is walking across America for the second time. I've thought about walking across America before, but I haven't even driven across most of it. Maybe one day, after I've accumulated enough disposable income, I can take the time off to do something like that.
  • Another article was about a woman who sold her house and now lives on a cruise ship. Wonder what kind of tax breaks she gets. I doubt I'll ever be able to afford such an arrangement. After reading David Foster Wallace's "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again," though, I'm not sure I'd want to spend even a week on a cruise much less live on one year round.

    Filed in:
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home