Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Wonder of Craigslist Pt. 2

I've become slightly addicted to Craigslist. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been visiting some of the forums, and I'm continually amazed at the stuff I see. It's like an ever-improving cultural encyclopedia -- for example, I learned that "420" is slang for marijuana (did everyone know that already?).

I've been looking in Craigslist's Wanted forum to see if I can unload any of my crap before I move. I also found this useful city-maintained Web site, which lists items accepted by various New York City nonprofits. You can donate your furniture to Furnish a Future, a free furniture bank for formerly homeless families. Other organizations accept everything from school and art supplies to bikes to tools.

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home